Space, Solar, and Heliospheric Science
RSS icon Email icon Home icon
    5,329 views
  • ERC Starting Grant Submitted! :-)

Posted on October 26th, 2012 Dr. Mario M. Bisi No comments

Well, through the two weeks leading up to the deadline of 15:00UT on Wednesday 17 October 2012 I kept re-revising things and updating details in my application and I settled on my final version a couple of hours before the final cut-off having proof-read everything over one last time the night before. It turns out that there was an increase of around 50% in the number of submissions this time around (which is hardly surprising given that this was the last EU FP7 Call before Horizon-2020 takes over in 2013/2014) with 3329 submissions in total and 1502 of those in the Physical Sciences and Engineering classification where my proposal lies… Further details on the ERC Starting Grant Call and outcomes can be found from their WebPages here!

Next I will endevour to update these pages and my official profile at Aberystwyth University over the coming few weeks so that, as written into the ERC Grant Application, everything is up to date and complete by the end of November.

Thanks for continuing to come back, I appreciate it!

• Share/Save/Bookmark
  • 5,804 views
  • Busy Doesn’t Begin to Describe it…

Posted on October 8th, 2012 Dr. Mario M. Bisi No comments

It appears that some nineteen and a half months have passed since I was last able to write anything at all on my website, so between now and the end of November 2012 I am going to update all the relevant information on here including the new addition of my ERC project proposal and some preliminary information related to the proposal in addition to the proposal text which will be submitted in its final form on 17 October 2012…

Being back in Wales things have most-definitely gotten busier - both in terms of work - and personally - lots of things in development with regards to work and lots of changes on the personal front - all for the good though and very exciting overall! :-)

And so, yes, I am still here, still alive, and still plan to add more posts and more info once it proves humanly possible to do so - but apart from trying to update things throughout November 2012 - the outlook doesn’t seem fantastic on my getting the time to do this - but I will try…

Thanks again for coming back, I appreciate it!

• Share/Save/Bookmark